13 October 2008

I Already AM Who & What I Planned to Become & So Can You Be!



Let me ask you a few simple questions ...

What do you want to be that you cannot be today?

Who or what is stopping you from becoming that person?

Here are the answers ...

NOTHING ... You can be anything you want to be, and be it starting today!

YOU ... You are what is stopping you from becoming the person you want to be!

A couple of years ago, I made the decision to become a Motivational Speaker. A year or so later, I made the decision to write a motivational book to inspire people to take a look at themselves, and see who they are now so that they may take the actions necessary to become better than they are.

Now ... I'm not on the New York Times Best Seller List (yet); and my book has not quite yet found its way to Oprah's book club, but these are only temporary things. You see, before I woke up ... I was sitting on Oprah's couch and she was holding up a copy of my book. After I was on her couch, I was standing in an arena with tens of thousands of people paying attention to my every word. I was taken to that arena by way of a private limo. After my delivery at the arena, that limo took my back to the airport, where there were no lines or checkpoints because the limo dropped me off right at the door of a private jet.

"Wake Up Harold ... YOU'RE DREAMING!"

Yeah ... so? Where do you think great things come from? What do you think it was that made Christopher Columbus want to venture out beyond where others believed the world ended? What do you think it was that made fortunes for men like Russell Simmons, Bob Johnson, George Lucas, Stephen King, & Stephen Spielberg - or women like Oprah Winfrey, Whoopie Goldberg, Toni Morrison, & Terri McMillen? The one thing all of these people have in common is that their success is a result of their putting in the work necessary to manifest their dreams into reality.

The point being ... Everything we have in our hands and around us - EVERYTHING THAT IS TANGIBLE started out as a dream in someone's mind. God gives us dreams to show us what we are capable of having, creating or becoming. Our mansions and cars and custom-made designer clothes, and jewelry are all out there waiting for us to claim them. They're already ours ... we just have to build ourselves up to being worthy to have them.

Everything I have set out to become and have, I became and now have. Everything I plan to become and want, I already have and am. All I have to do it is put forth the work necessary that will unlock the proper universal combination that is going to open the vault to my goals and manifest my dreams into reality.

Many of us know famous people. True story ... I shared a stage with Wyclef Jean. Granted ... it was at our 8th grade graduation ceremony, but I can still say I shared the stage with him! He would always bring his guitar to school and play it during recess, and whenever our teacher would allow him to during the day. We wound up going to different high schools, but we ran into one another at different parties - and he would always tell me how he was working on his music, going to the recording studio and making demos tapes to get a record deal. I remember the last time we saw one another was at a talent showcase around 1993, about a year before his first record with his group "the Fugees" came out.

Many celebrities have come out of my hometown. Like I said, many of us know famous people. To go a step further, many of us know people who are more talented than some of the famous people we know. The only thing that separates them from many of the people who stayed and remain around the way; however, is the work that they put in to be what they become.

I am proud to say that I have not made less than six figures since 2006; just a short four years after entering my chosen career. The fact that I've made this achievement is not super -miraculous either. I started at one place, and then through working hard and networking harder, I was able to put myself (and my family) in a better position. Many of the people who trained me and got me started in my career, are still making what they're making because they've chosen to stay where they are and keep doing what they're doing. The only thing separating me from them is the work I put in to be where I am.

Whatever it is you want to be, you have to see yourself as already being it. You have to see yourself already possessing the things you want. The more vivid a picture you create of yourself being and having these things, the harder your brain will work towards providing you with ideas to manifest those dreams into reality.

Dreams don't just come true by osmosis ... A person's successful reality is nothing more than a dream manifested by the use of elbow grease during the day, and the burning of midnight oil at night.

What we have become and what we will become are direct results of the work we've put into our lives - or not. So ... don't hate on those who have what you want. Instead ... get up off your butt and get yours for yourself.

YOU may not see it, but I already AM who & what I planned to become ... What about you?

No comments: