03 January 2012

Welcome to 2012 ... M.C.E. ... Money Changes Everything



Happy New Year!


This is my primary motto for 2012. One thing that I have noticed over the past couple of years is that whenever  I have speak about or post anything about money and or becoming wealthy; without fail, someone would always post some kind of response about how "money can't buy happiness" & "money isn't everything." What's worse, they tend to fall back on the Bible as if that gives them justification for having an impoverished mentality. Well, I beg to differ. As Zig Zigler says, "Money isn't everything, but it's right up there with oxygen.Where is the "heavenly joy" in being broke as hell?


I really wish I could say that, for the life of me, I can't understand the mindset people have in that there is some kind of nobility in being broke, but the fact of the matter is I understand it all too well. You see, it takes a certain mindset and a certain level of discipline to attain wealth. Most people don't have what it takes to be wealthy, let alone strive to become wealthy. Personally, I have more respect for people who genuinely strive to become wealthy but don't quite make it than I do for those who do nothing but stay in their same old funky conditions.


I am not (yet) financially wealthy; however, my life has unfolded in such a way that I am quite better off than most people my age in similar circumstances. Things have and continue to unfold in my life because I strive to make moves and meet people who can help me better myself. There's a famous quote that's been said by so many people that I look up to that I can't rightfully nail down the original owner; however, the quote is "If you're the smartest person in your circle, then you need a new circle."

The reason why this quote is so powerful is because you can replace "smartest" with any other adjective and the statement won't lose it's power. In fact, it strengthens whatever adjective you use. Having said that, I firmly believe that if you're the richest person in your circle, then you need a new circle. By that I mean, the only way you can improve your situation is to surround yourself with people whose situations are better than yours. When you immerse yourself in environments that you wish to dwell in, over the course of time, you will learn things that - if you take heed and implement them, you will likely someday discover your rightful place in those environments.



If you want to have more in your life, you're going to have to do more in life, and while most people want more out of life, they're not willing to do more. So when people come along and get the things they want in life, the person on the sidelines finds themselves resenting such people. However, the uncomfortable reality is that these people resent themselves. When they see others succeed, they are reminded of their own lack of drive and instead of taking stock and accountability in themselves, they project that resentment; or "hate," outward towards the people who are succeeding.


Why do you think so many people have so many opinions about how much money entertainers and athletes make and what they do with their money? People pass judgment because they're using their imagination to spend the money entertainers and athletes make instead of using their imagination to make the money that entertainers and athletes spend. But what happens is, when reality and imagination meet, imagination comes up short and reality comes up empty.


But you know what? Money changes everything! Money makes it possible to have more things, do more things, and help people who genuinely need and deserve help. Has money, the little I've made and continue to make, changed me? Hell yeah! Money has changed where I live and where I have been able to provide a home for my family. Money has changed the car I drive, the clothes I wear and the kinds of food I eat. Money has allowed me to make charitable contributions. Money has allowed me to travel the country; and most importantly ... Money allows me to meet and learn from people who can teach me how to make more money so I can do all of the above even better and better.


In short ... MONEY CHANGES EVERYTHING!

*******************************************************************************

"Many poor people believe they are better people because they are poor. Somehow they believe they're more pious or spiritual or good. Baloney! The only thing poor people are is poor.

What good do you do poor people by being one of them? Whom do you help by being broke? Aren't you just another mouth to feed? Wouldn't it be more effective for you to create wealth for yourself and then be able to really help others from a place of strength instead of weakness?"

                                                                                                                             T. Harv Eker

No comments: