01 June 2009

Another HRJR Testimonial!!

If you're like me and believe in karma, you believe that what you put out into the world you will get back in some fashion. I have a series of video blogs on Facebook & YouTube called "HRJR's Definitions of Success." In these videos, like I do here, I express those areas of existence that I believe are necessary to better insure success in our everyday lives.

Today I received an e-mail from someone who has made a major life goal and taken definitive action towards achieving it, and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she has credited me and specifically one of those videos for having made that goal and taken action to improve her life. All I'm doing is putting out a positive message encouraging you all to take responsibility for your lives and go out there in get what you want in this world. When people actually take in my encouragement and actually improve their lives, their success is my success!

With her permission, I am honored to share that e-mail with you below:

Dear H.,

I just wanted to let you know how you inspired me. The video "HRJR's Definitions of Success #7" did it for me. I was like "man this brother is reading my files!" See, I have been residing in the land of "I am gonna Try" and "I am trying" I became a registered nurse 6 years after more than a decade of "trying" until one day I did. However after nursing school and much "trying" I never just did what I promised myself I'd do which is to pursue a Masters' degree in Clincial Psychology. I was "trying to" pay the bills, "trying to be a better mother," etc... and I let my dream go. As you stated, none of the things I "tried to do" came to pass and I kept feeling bitter and felt more like a failure each day.

Recently I started paying attention to your posts and after the video, understood ... There was no commitment in my "TRYING," so I got up and did it. I enrolled in a local college as a mitriculated student and will graduate in 2 years. Though the road ahead is long, I will just do it(like Nike says) And I thank you...will keep u posted on my progress, if u need more info let me know.

Peace and Blessings,
Simone C. Phillips-RN.
Allentown, PA

If you would like to see the video she is speaking of, as well as the other videos in the series, click here:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=+HRJRs+Definitions+of+Success&aq=f

I am truly humbled.

No comments: