31 October 2009

Welcome to "Boot Camp Motivation"

Hey ...

I have often said that I am not the typical "PollyAnna/happy - shiny/pat a person on the bottom" type of motivational speaker. In my heart I believe that people are afraid of what they need most ... TRUTH; however, like Jack Nicholson's character said in the movie "A Few Good Men:" "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

Well, I don't accept that. I believe that if people were to begin facing some of the ugly truths in their lives, they would be better equipped to conquer & overcome many of the pitfalls & setbacks in their lives.

There is no greater motivator than a United States Military Drill Instructor! They demand and accept nothing less than the best, and then they demand even more. Better yet, they actually get what they demand! "D.I.'s" tell you what they expect of you, show you how to do it, correct you when you flub it up, and then commence to laying into you until you get it right. Realizing that there's no way to escape them, you begin to produce accordingly; and as you do, the heat goes down ... a little bit.

With that said, I am beginning a new style of post to this blog ... "BOOT CAMP MOTIVATION!"

I am going to begin sharing some thoughts and feelings with you; and short of cussing, I'm not going to pull any punches. I am warning you now ... There is no room for political correctness or faux niceties on the journey to success. Expecting to succeed in these times armed only with a smile and a good intention is like expecting to sail around the world in a row boat. You have to prepare to face and conquer the storms and obstacles you will have to endure.

Sometimes you have to get your feelings hurt in order to strengthen your heart. Know that this motivation is coming from and meant to go to a good place.

Welcome to Boot Camp Motivation!

No comments: