15 February 2012

The Top 7 Reasons Why People Don’t Focus


Every successful person has a Coach or a Mentor to guide them. The most successful people have had Coaches and Mentors from the very beginning of their journeys. 

I have several Coaches and mentors who give me all kinds of advice and counseling. I am better able to move and inspire my audiences as well as my own clients because of the insight given to me by my Coaches and Mentors and my willingness to receive it. Today, I'd like to share some words of wisdom from one of my business coaches, Andrew Morrison.

The Top 7 Reasons Why People Don’t Focus

1. Lack of training. They were never taught how to focus their time, money and business relationships toward one activity. Their role models were constantly juggling several projects therefore this became the norm for them.

2. The Beginners Syndrome. Have you ever built an organization from zero to a million dollars in sales? If you have never done it personally or have trusted advisors who have reached that goal then you are constantly searching for the next big idea and never realizing that you already have what it takes to be successful.

3. An Addiction to Struggle. Now this concept is truly amazing. People who claim they want to reach a goal are addicted to the process of achieving the goal but never truly want the goal because they would no longer have the struggle of pursuing the goal. (I know that’s a mouth full.) Their self-identity has become wrapped up in “the struggle.” With just one yard to the touchdown they self-destruct and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

4. Low Self-Esteem. Do you really love yourself? I love being a Black man in the wilderness of North America. Hey, it’s a challenge at times. But I am ready to be an agent of change and bring forth beauty amidst chaos. Given your situation, can you say something similar? Look yourself in the mirror today and say … I love you!

5. The Appearance of Progress. You don’t have to be at every award show and be seen by all the VIPs. Quiet work that seeks no recognition is the most pleasurable and fruitful.

6. No Plan. Do you know the steps to raising $1 million for your non-profit? People who lack focus are constantly searching for the next step. Booker T. Washington reminds us that, “Success leaves clues.” Your only job is to learn from others and implement.

7. Inability to Be Still. Take a deep breath. How did that feel? That’s the real you. Release your claim to the rushed and breathless life. Remember to breathe! Life will become richer.

I hope you can recognize the above symptoms in yourself and begin to take corrective action.

Cheers to your future success!

- Andrew Morrison
Small Business Camp
www.SmallBusinessCamp.com

No comments: