22 January 2011

A Facebook Question ...


Yesterday I posed the following question
on my Facebook page:


I have a question (especially for those who love freely offering their opinions). Between now & 2021 do you think you can earn/make at least $1,000,000? If not, why not? Who's brave enough to answer THAT?

I received several responses mostly supporting, but a couple challenging the above question, but one response moved me such that I felt compelled to share both the response and my counter-repsonse with you. The responding party - who shall remain nameless - was inspired to dig deeper! Enjoy.

The Response:

"Will I even be here 2021? But since I've had to start over, I don't think I can. But I have always wanted to write a book because I have always loved to read. Also, start-up $$ is also a factor for those who have ideas, but don't have the capital to put up front ... just my opinion. Don't be too hard on me ... lol"

My Counter-Response:
 The only thing I'm going to be hard on you about is ... EVERYTHING!

Granted, the older we get the more aware we are about our own mortality; primarily because the longer we live the more people we see die, be they friends, loved ones or both. However, what's important is to focus more on YOU LIVING than to focus on those around you who have died. Regardless of how old or young they were or how they left, the fact of the matter is that YOU ARE STILL HERE! The Law of Attraction states that you will bring into your life that which you focus most on. So what do you think you're attracting if you ask/wonder "will I even be here in 10 years?" When you die it's GAME OVER, and there will be nothing you can do about it, but until then every day you draw breath is one day more you have to move one step closer to your goals and dreams.

As for having to start over, I'm sure that once or twice in your life you've enjoyed a piece of Kentucky Fried Chicken, right? Well did you know that Colonel Sanders was well in his 70's when he sold his "11 Herbs & Spices" recipe? Do you enjoy Samuel L. Jackson's movies? Well his acting career didn't take off until he was 43!

There was a time when Donald Trump was in debt to the tune of OVER $900 MILLION DOLLARS. He is now worth well over $50 BILLION dollars. Now I'm not saying you have to produce their level of results, but those are three prime examples of how age & adversity can either be walls you climb over or allow to stop you dead in your tracks.

As for start-up capital, STOP thinking in terms of waiting for someone to give you the money & focus more on creating, developing and or improving your product or service. People - black folk especially - are always looking for that fairy god-mother or genie in the lamp to just show up & say "here's all the money you need to get started!" Well dear heart, it just don't happen that way. You can't wait for an opportunity to come to your door to say, "Okay, NOW I'm ready!" You have to get your grind on first, and if you're grinding hard enough, people will take notice & you will find yourself attracting to you the very people who can take you to the next level. People are drawn to success & that's a boat on which everyone wants to get on board.

What does the flight attendant tell you on the plane before take-off? "If there's a drop in cabin pressure, oxygen masks will drop from the above compartment. If you have a child, PUT YOUR MASK ON FIRST!" Before you can help anyone else, YOU have to be straight first. Write your book, hone your speaking skills - do whatever it is you want to do & do it with passion.

Like 50 Cent's first album is titled, "Get Rich or Die Trying" ... If you spend the next 9 years grinding & then God forbid drop dead before the 10th year, you will be remembered for your hustle and all you did until you died. If you do NOTHING and live for TWENTY years, what are people going to say? They'll say, "She was here ... Now she's gone. I'll miss her," and go on with the rest of their lives.

It doesn't matter whether you believe you will succeed or fail. YOU will choose your path & either way ... You're going to be right.

Which outcome would YOU prefer? Either way, the onus is on you & YOU ALONE to make it happen.

Now, if you feel I've been too hard on you ... GOOD that was the desired effect. Sometimes what we need is a kick in the ass, but everyone always wants the pat on the ass.

No comments: